EARLY ACTIVITY DRILL STARTS AT 4:30 (BELOW GOLD)
WARM UP Obstacle Course 4:30-4:38 8 Minutes
Obstacle Course is a Warm Up drill is designed for fun. Run this early in the season to help break the ice and get kids to loosen up and smile. The...Read More
1) Bear Crawl (to white cone) 2) Side Shuffle (back to red cone) 3) Two-Leg Hops to Skips (to blue cone) 4) 5 Dizzy Bat Spins 5) Sprint Back to Line 6) High-5 to send the next player
THROWING Hula Hoop Throwing 4:38-4:46 8 Minutes
Hula Hoop Throwing is a drill designed to work on basic throwing mechanics. Highlights include stepping with the opposite foot and utilizing a proper...Read More
1) Feet Planted 2) "Ankle Eye" Step 3) Left-Right-Left | show coach 4-seam grip before throwing
Stations (Groups rotate halfway through block)
How to Coach: Ground Balls #1
4:46-4:56 10 Minutes
Ready Position: Right, Left, Hands Open | Fielding Triangle: Right-Left Hands | Exit Footwork: Pop - Throw!
Two Spot Receiving
4:56-5:06 10 Minutes
Two goals: Assess talent, drill receiving | Receiving high: thumbs - Receiving low: pinkies
Hitting Grip and Stance
5:06-5:16 10 Minutes
Grip: Left-Right-Barrel Up- Back Shoulder | Stance: Right-Left-Right
WATER BREAK (5min)
BASERUNNING Touch ‘Em All 5:21-5:29 8 Minutes
Touch 'em All is an introductory baserunning drill designed to promote field awareness and familiarity with the bases. Run early in the season for beginning...Read More
Teach kids to run the bases in order. Advance one base at a time, stomp and the base and yell the base name when they get there.
PRACTICE STARTS AT 4:30 PM (BELOW BLACK)
"There may be people that have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do."
– Derek Jeter, NY Yankees ('95-'14)
- Working hard is a habit, and habits must be earned. DECIDE to work hard daily!
- Find a way. Won’t always feel like working hard. Compete, challenge another, grind.
- "Practice is what you make of it,” Raul Ibanez (1996-2014)