Reno or Paris Softball
EARLY ACTIVITY DRILL STARTS AT 4:15 (BELOW GOLD)
PRACTICE STARTS AT 4:30 (BELOW BLACK)
WARM UP Obstacle Course 4:30-4:40 10 Minutes
Obstacle Course is a Warm Up drill is designed for fun. Run this early in the season to help break the ice and get kids to loosen up and smile. The...Read More
EXPLAIN HOW LINES WORK BY WALKING FIRST. Relay Race: Break the ice, bring out smiles, force high-fives.
QUICK DEFENSE Two Spot Receiving 4:50-5:00 10 Minutes
Two-Spot Receiving is a drill for athletes learning how to receive the baseball. The belt is the deciding line, determining whether an athlete will catch...Read More
After throwing, return to warm up cones for 3-4 lines of quick receiving work (glove-side only)
Stations (Groups rotate halfway through block)
WATER BREAK (5min)
BASERUNNING Home to First 5:35-5:45 10 Minutes
Home-to-First coaches the correct way to run through the first base bag. As part of Baserunning or Conditioning, this drill can be run near the end...Read More
(1) Step on base, (2) Run THROUGH base to coach, (3) to fence & along fence to return.
"There may be people that have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do."
– Derek Jeter, NY Yankees ('95-'14)
- Working hard is a habit, and habits must be earned. DECIDE to work hard daily!
- Find a way. Won’t always feel like working hard. Compete, challenge another, grind.
- "Practice is what you make of it,” Raul Ibanez (1996-2014)