Cubs Tball Practice 1
Old Majors A
EARLY ACTIVITY DRILL STARTS AT 10:45 (BELOW GOLD)
GOALIE GROUNDERS Ground Ball Reps – No Throw and Flip 10:45-11:00 15 Minutes
Ground Ball Reps - No Throw + Flip is an infield drill used during Station Instruction or as an Early Activity. One coach can easily entertain an entire...Read More
Players "field" a soccer ball grounder with their hands, stop it from scoring
PRACTICE STARTS AT 11:00 (BELOW BLACK)
Stations (Groups rotate halfway through block)
WATER BREAK (5min)
Treasure Map Challenge Treasure Map Challenge 11:45-11:55 10 Minutes
The Treasure Map Challenge is a great way to introduce the baseball field, positions, and names to your players. Use the concept of a treasure map to peak...Read More
1. Always run on and off the field. Sprint to X marks the spot, sprint back. Switch maps.
"There may be people that have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do."
– Derek Jeter, NY Yankees ('95-'14)
- Working hard is a habit, and habits must be earned. DECIDE to work hard daily!
- Find a way. Won’t always feel like working hard. Compete, challenge another, grind.
- "Practice is what you make of it,” Raul Ibanez (1996-2014)