Dugout Captain has compiled, evolved, the baseball workout into what we believe to be “baseball’s best practices.” The DC practice plan follows 8 practice absolutes. While any can be changed, deleted, extended or outright removed, these eight absolutes work together to create a balanced, fun, and engaging workout for any baseball team.
EXECUTION – In chronological order, here’s a quick overview of the Absolute 8:
- Early Batting Practice – 15-20 mins before practice starts, get extra swings or ground balls. Start practice on on time.
- Warm Up – DC recommends movement-based dynamic exercises. Keep it varied, keep it fun.
- Early Baserunning – 4-6 sprints to finish the warm up routine, introduce or review a baserunning fundamental.
- Throw – Get the arm loose via catch-play. Involve a combination of time, distance, and execution.
- Quick Defense – Hands and feet baseball-athleticism drill. Can you connect to previous drill or upcoming activity?
- Drills / Station Instruction – Time to coach. Instruction + repetition + fun.
- Baserunning – Conditioning at end of practice, masked by baserunning/competition.
- Finish / Mental – Discussion, current event, life lesson, competition.
- Save Time, Save Effort – Dugout Captains PP101 are suggestions based on years of mistakes and victories.
- DC Toolbox – Use the Clipboard to quickly build a plan, and the DC Share functionality to push it to your player families
- Get Help – Assistant coaches, parents, aunts & uncles, brothers & sisters. All hands on deck!
- DC App – DC has a practice assistant as part of your membership. Use it to assist you in running practice. Clean up and rotate reminders, video support for asst coaches, timing notifications for parent pick-up. Some very cool features! ?
Baseball is the perfect team sport. Coaching MUST be viewed the same way. By volunteering to coach, you actually volunteered to be team manager, coach, secretary, social chair and disciplinarian – for both the kids and the parents!! Practice planning IS the great differentiator. And not only for the kids, but also for YOU. Handle your manager responsibilities ONLINE, so you can coach once ONFIELD!
- LEARN THE ABSOLUTE 8
- PLAN IT, SHARE IT, COACH IT
- DC TOOLBOX - CURRICULUM, LIBRARY, CLIPBOARD
- SAVE TIME, SAVE EFFORT
- MANAGE ONLINE, COACH ON FIELD
- GET HELP & USE IT!