Water Balloon BP
Water Balloon BP can be run as a side station during batting practice, or as an Early Activity. Because of a high fun-factor, you WILL have smiles on every athlete’s face. The true benefit to running Water Balloon BP is assisting young hitters in being aggressive and swinging hard. Some hitters struggle to release their fear of failure, their willingness to let it rip, and swing hard. Water balloons can provide just the necessary distraction… and target!
EXECUTION – Each athlete gets five swings at water balloons. Whether from a tee, soft toss, front toss, or even live arm, there’s not much beyond swinging and hitting.
- Equal Opportunity – Fill up extra water balloons. Athletes WILL complain if they don’t get the exact same amount. Some will break. And the team clown WILL throw one at you.
- Leftovers = Long Toss Competition – True test of soft hands
- Safety – Be careful of wet bat grips and athletes creeping in to be hit by spraying water.
- 5 SWINGS
- HAVE FUN
- CHOOSE YOUR FEED
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY - FILL UP EXTRA
- LEFTOVERS = LONG TOSS COMP (SOFT HANDS)
- CAREFUL OF WET BAT GRIPS
- Water Balloons75
- Batting Tee1