Touch ’N’ Go’s
A simple conditioning drill using the foul line, a single cone placed 10-yards into the outfield, and a 30-40 yard finish line (cone or coach or finish-line tape) to focus on changing direction.
Place a cone 10-15 yards away from the foul line and involve a single change-of-direction. Athletes are to walk out ten yards and begin the movement by returning to the foul line. After touching the foul line, athletes are to change direction and sprint through the distance set by another cone or standing coach.
- Sprint – Touch foul line, change direction, and explode through coach standing at extended distance.
- Side Shuffle – Touch foul line, change direction, and sprint through extended distance.
- Backpedal – You get the idea…
- Broadjump – Yup, several jumps to reach the foul line, touch it, then turn and sprint through coach.
- Lateral leaps (plyometrics) – Same concept.
- Emphasize Touch – Athletes must go all the way back to the foul line before running through the coach
- Mix In Some Variation – Use movements other than just running back to promote athleticism
- Get Down To Change – Bend at the waist and knees, lower is better when athletically changing direction.
- FOUL LINE
- CONE 10 YARDS OUT
- RUN THROUGH COACH
- EMPHASIZE TOUCH
- MIX IN SOME VARIATION
- GET DOWN TO CHANGE