Pitching Instructors – Tips & Tricks
Pulled from Dan Keller’s presentation at the 2018 ABCA Convention in Indianapolis. This excerpt highlights several key practical tips and tricks for instructors working with pitchers.
Best practices for working 1-one-1 with young pitchers.
Dan Keller is a long time member of the American Baseball Coaches Association, and has presented at both the ABCA Barnstormers Tour as well as the national convention. For access to this entire presentation and other fantastic instructional content, visit the ABCA’s Video Center.
- :06 - Glove down, glove up
- :16 - Feet, hands, eyes
- 1:19 - On-Deck pitcher stands in
- 3:08 - Assign homework
- 3:44 - Draw the "t"
- 4:56 - On or off in 4 (3) pitches...
- "FLASH THE GLOVE", SEE TARGET = GREEN LIGHT
- USE MEASURABLES OR GOALS TO AVOID OVERWHELMING ATHLETES
- HAVE OTHERS STAND-IN TO GROW COMFORTABLE THROWING INSIDE