Pulled from Dan Keller’s presentation at the 2018 ABCA Convention in Indianapolis. This excerpt highlights several key practical tips and tricks for instructors working with pitchers.
Best practices for working 1-one-1 with young pitchers.
- :06 - Glove down, glove up
- :16 - Feet, hands, eyes
- 1:19 - On-Deck pitcher stands in
- 3:08 - Assign homework
- 3:44 - Draw the "t"
- 4:56 - On or off in 4 (3) pitches...
- "FLASH THE GLOVE", SEE TARGET = GREEN LIGHT
- USE MEASURABLES OR GOALS TO AVOID OVERWHELMING ATHLETES
- HAVE OTHERS STAND-IN TO GROW COMFORTABLE THROWING INSIDE