Wiffle Ball Reps is a station where a coach uses wiffle balls to get swings.
EXECUTION – There are three main execution variables:
- Format – Drill Drill can be run in a cage, bullpen, open grass area. Involve live hitter, on deck batter, and shaggers.
- Tool – Tee / Soft Toss / Front Toss / Live Arm / Curve Balls
- Material – Instruction vs. Repetition… Who’s the coach and what’s the goal?
- Instruction – Wiffle balls can work for any age, any format, any material
- Coaching Opportunity for Success – DC always preaches putting athletes into positions where they can have success. The same is true for coaches during Wiffle Ball Reps – No expert needed!
- Safety – Wiffle balls scream safety for both hitter and coach. But also consider where on-deck hitter is, and force athletes to wear helmets (and shaggers?)
- MATERIAL - INSTRUCTION VS. REPETITION
- TOOL - TEE / SOFT TOSS / FRONT TOSS / LIVE ARM
- FORMAT - LIVE, ON DECK, SHAGGER
- INSTRUCTION - WHAT TO TEACH?
- OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCCESS
- SAFETY FOR ALL
- Wiffle Ball25