AGGRESSION / Life Lesson
Get after it. Go hard. No fear.
We need to play free.
We need to have fun.
And we can’t be afraid to fail.
And what’s the number one, most easy way to achieve this? Run hard. Throw hard. Swing hard. Be aggressive.
Aggressive means playing hard. Aggressive means bringing it to the competition! Putting the defense on their heels. What are some specific ways to handle that and create that environment of letting it rip?
1. Take the field with a purpose – Sprint on and off the field. Starting this week.
2. Run the bases like a madman – Bust out every ground ball through the bag. You’re on first base with a base hit? You’re going to third until somebody stops you. On second base a base hit? You’re scoring… until that defense stops you.
3. Hit the baseball hard – Swing out of your shoes and punish the baseball!
What does all that mean for us coaches? We can’t micromanage a swing. If the goal is to murder a baseball, we must get rid of any hesitancy by celebrating that aggressive effort.
So your challenge this week, if you choose to accept it, be aggressive!
Play hard, have fun.
- What does the word AGGRESSIVE mean to you?
- What’s an example of being aggressive on the baseball field?
- Name an athlete that plays exceptionally hard.
Hurt. The. Baseball!!!!! SWING HARD
Run drills that promote aggression and swinging hard. Compete to see who can hit the ball the farthest.
- There are no Execution Keys
- There are no DC Keys
- No equipment needed