6U – 45 Mins #1
The Colts (Yellow)
EARLY ACTIVITY DRILL STARTS AT 5:00 (BELOW GOLD)
PRACTICE STARTS AT 5:15 (BELOW BLACK)
WARM UP Obstacle Course 5:15-5:25 10 Minutes
Obstacle Course is a Warm Up drill is designed for fun. Run this early in the season to help break the ice and get kids to loosen up and smile. The...Read More
1. Bear walk to 1st. 2. Side step to 2nd. 3. Bunny hop to 3rd. 4. Dizzy Bat (5), Run to home & High Five. Break the ice, bring out smiles, force high-fives.
Stations (Groups rotate halfway through block)
WATER BREAK (5min)
BASERUNNING Home to First 5:50-5:55 5 Minutes
Home-to-First coaches the correct way to run through the first base bag. As part of Baserunning or Conditioning, this drill can be run near the end...Read More
Front of bag, either foot, break down, look right. Run back along fence. (2nd Rd - Go to 2nd)
"There may be people that have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do."
– Derek Jeter, NY Yankees ('95-'14)
- Working hard is a habit, and habits must be earned. DECIDE to work hard daily!
- Find a way. Won’t always feel like working hard. Compete, challenge another, grind.
- "Practice is what you make of it,” Raul Ibanez (1996-2014)